Construction Accident Defense Attorneys in Indiana
Experienced Indianapolis Construction Accident Defense Lawyers
Construction sites can be very dangerous for workers and civilians alike. Even trained professionals who follow all safety guidelines while on the job can be injured by the heavy equipment, tools and construction materials, and hazardous compounds present at most construction sites.
As a builder or an owner of a property where construction is performed, you need to understand the insurance claim process as well as how to defend yourself against such a claim if one were to be brought against you. An injury claim, whether from one of your employees or from an individual trespassing on your property or merely passing through the site, can cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars. A claim may also raise your insurance rates considerably if you are eventually found liable.
If you are facing an accident claim for an injury that occurred on a construction site that you are liable for, contact an experienced insurance defense attorney right away to learn how to defend against this claim.
Types of Accidents That Can Occur on a Construction Site
Construction sites often contain hazardous, even deadly, equipment and materials. This is why they are often fenced off and marked appropriately as such. Some of the accidents that can occur on construction sites are as follows:
- Injuries caused by falling equipment or tools;
- Roof or wall collapses;
- Slip or fall on a wet, uneven, broken, or otherwise unstable surface;
- Crane accidents;
- Equipment collisions;
- Injuries caused by defective equipment;
- Exposure to toxic substances;
- Electrical injuries such as burns; and
- Ladder collapses.
These accidents can lead to life-altering injuries for their victims. Accidents on construction sites can even cause paralysis, lifetime disability, and death.
Defenses Against Construction Accident Claims
There are ways to defend against a construction accident injury claim. If you are facing this type of claim, talk to your attorney about possible defenses for your case. Depending on your circumstances, you may be able to lessen or even eliminate the damages you are liable for by proving the following:
- The victim was negligent. In Indiana, damages in injury cases may be affected by a principle known as comparative fault. This means that if the victim was partially responsible for his or her injury, the total amount of damages he or she may receive is reduced accordingly.
- You can prove that you did everything possible to prevent injuries and warn everybody on the site of potential hazards. This includes signage, security fencing, posted warnings, and strict adherence to safety protocol.
A strong defense is key in any case where you are facing a liability claim. Your attorney can help you develop a strong defense strategy.
Construction Accident Defense Attorneys in Indianapolis
Our team understands the insurance claim defense process and can provide high quality legal advice and representation if you are facing this type of claim. If you are facing any type of insurance coverage claim such as a construction accident claim, contact Due Doyle Fanning & Alderfer, LLP at 317-635-7700 to speak with one of our firm's experienced Indianapolis insurance defense attorneys.