Attorney Michael S. Huntine
Michael S. Huntine was born in Fort Wayne on February 3, 1962. He was admitted to the bar in 1987, Indiana and U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana.
Mr. Huntine received his B.S (Business/Economics) from Indiana University - Fort Wayne in 1984 and graduated with a J.D. from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 1987. He is a member of Phi Delta Phi.
He joined the firm in 1998 as a partner specializing in the defense of workers compensation cases. He is active in the workers compensation section of the Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana, as well as the Indiana Workers Compensation Institute and the Indianapolis Law Club.
Mr. Huntine has lectured at several seminars, and to various clients, regarding workers compensation issues and changes in the law. He is a member of DRI.
He is a member of Indianapolis (Member, Sections on: Labor Law; Litigation); Indiana State (Member, Labor and Employment Law Section) and American (Member, Tort and Insurance Defense Section) Bar Associations. His practice areas include insurance defense litigation, labor law and workers compensation.
Mike is married and has 3 children. In his free time, Mike enjoys biking, gardening, and outdoor activities with his family.
- Insurance Defense
- Premises Liability
- Trucking and Commercial Vehicle Accident Litigation
- Motorcycle Accident Litigation
- Construction Accident Defense
- Worker's Compensation Defense
- Business Litigation
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Indiana, 1987
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1987
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1987
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, 1984-1987
- Indiana University, Purdue University Fort Wayne, 1980-1984
- B.S., Business and Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Indiana Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Seminar Presentation to the Indiana Insurance Managers Association Regarding Recent Updates in Indiana Worker's Compensation Law, Emphasis on Palliative Medicare Care, Causation Issues and Medical Provider Fee Claims
- "Worker's Compensation in Indiana", Lorman Education Services, 1998
- "Worker's Compensation Update", Council on Education and Management, 1998
- Frequent Speaker, Indiana Self-Insurance Association
- "Fatalities in the Workplace," Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, March 7, 2014
- Seminar Faculty and Publication for Advanced Worker's Compensation, the Masters Series.
- "Negotiation Strategies in Disputed Permanent Total Disability Claims (with claimant Medicare eligible)," Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, November 11, 2011
- Seminar Faculty and Publication
Honors and Awards:
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell