Scott E. Andres is a partner in the law firm of Due Doyle Fanning, LLP in Indianapolis, Indiana. He was born in Beech Grove, Indiana on September 19, 1978 and was raised on the south side of Indianapolis.
Mr. Andres is a graduate of Indiana University-Bloomington (B.A., History/Political Science) and Indiana University-Indianapolis School of Law (J.D., Order of the Barristers). He was admitted to the bar in 2005 and is a member of the Indianapolis and Indiana State Bar Associations and Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana. Mr. Andres has extensive litigation experience in state and federal courts, including taking several jury trials to verdict. Mr. Andres has handled several appeals before the Indiana Supreme Court and Indiana Court of Appeals and presented successful oral argument to the Indiana Supreme Court in the case of Holiday Hospitality Franchising, Inc. v. AMCO Ins. Co., 983 N.E.2d 574 (Ind. 2013), which was decided in favor of his client. Areas of practice include insurance defense and coverage litigation, personal injury, environmental defense, toxic torts, employment, and appellate practice. In 2014 and 2012, Mr. Andres was named as an Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Star.
- Santelli v. Rahmatullah, 993 N.E.2d 167 (Ind. 2013) holding that the Indiana Comparative Fault Act does not allow for use of the “Very Duty Doctrine” in Indiana
- Holiday Hospitality Franchising, Inc. v. AMCO Ins. Co., 983 N.E.2d 574 (Ind. 2013) affirming trial court’s granting of summary judgment to insurance company in insurance coverage dispute
- Amerisafe Risk Services, Inc. v. Estate of Wadsack ex. rel Wadsack, 980 N.E.2d 842 (Ind. Ct. App. 2012) granting insurance company’s motion to dismiss plaintiffs’ Complaint on account of the exclusive remedy of the Indiana Workers Compensation Act
- Auto-Owners Ins. Co. v. Smith, 2010 WL 5124740 (S.D.Ind. 2010) obtained summary judgment in declaratory judgment action
- Cotton v. Auto-Owners Ins. Co., 937 N.E.2d 414 (Ind. Ct. App. 2010) obtained summary judgment in matter pertaining to a garage insurance policy
- Divan v. PSI Energy, Inc. and Cinergy Corp. (Hendricks Co. Sup. 2009) obtained summary judgment for client in defending a retaliatory discharge claim
- Sweeney v. Peppy Grille (Marion Co. Sup. 2008) achieved defense verdict in jury trial involving a slip and fall allegation at restaurant
- Nigh v. R.L. Turner Corp. (Shelby Co. Sup. 2008) achieved defense verdict in jury trial for a general contractor in case involving mold allegations