Scott E. Andres is a partner in the law firm of Due Doyle Fanning, LLP in Indianapolis, Indiana. He was born in Beech Grove, Indiana on September 19, 1978 and was raised on the south side of Indianapolis.
Mr. Andres is a graduate of Indiana University-Bloomington (B.A., History/Political Science) and Indiana University-Indianapolis School of Law (J.D., Order of the Barristers). He was admitted to the bar in 2005 and is a member of the Indianapolis and Indiana State Bar Associations and Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana. Mr. Andres has extensive litigation experience in state and federal courts, including taking several jury trials to verdict and handling various appeals. Areas of practice include insurance defense and coverage litigation, personal injury, environmental defense, toxic torts, employment, and appellate practice. In 2012, Mr. Andres was named as an Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Star.
- Auto-Owners Ins. Co. v. Smith, 2010 WL 5124740 (S.D.Ind. 2010) obtained summary judgment in declaratory judgment action
- Bernstein v. Bankert, 2010 WL 3893121 (S.D.Ind. 2010) obtained summary judgment for client in an environmental case involving application of the federal CERCLA statute
- Cotton v. Auto-Owners Ins. Co., 937 N.E.2d 414 (Ind. Ct. App. 2010) obtained summary judgment in matter pertaining to a garage insurance policy
- Divan v. PSI Energy, Inc. and Cinergy Corp. (Hendricks Co. Sup. 2009) obtained summary judgment for client in defending a retaliatory discharge claim
- Sweeney v. Peppy Grille (Marion Co. Sup. 2008) achieved defense verdict in jury trial involving a slip and fall allegation at restaurant
- Nigh v. R.L. Turner Corp. (Shelby Co. Sup. 2008) achieved defense verdict in jury trial for a general contractor in case involving mold allegations
- Property-Owners Ins. Co. v. Smoroske (Marion Co. Sup. 2005) obtained summary judgment in declaratory judgment action pertaining to a CGL policy in a construction setting